The Qualities of a Custom Master Builder
If you are in the position to build your dream home, this is most definitely an exciting time and it isn’t everyone that gets the opportunity to design their living space. Of course, everything depends on the builder and choosing can seem like a daunting challenge and this is not an area where you want to make a mistake.
Sourcing the right builder
Wherever you happen to be in Australia, there are master home builders with the focus on customised designs for their clients. A Google search is the best place to start your quest for the perfect construction company, one that builds according to the client’s specifications; browse the websites, looking for a custom builder with an established name within your local community.
Here are some of the qualities you would find in a master builder that focuses on custom residential projects.
- Think outside the box – While the builder might have quite a few design templates, they should be open to start-from-scratch solutions, should you have very specific requirements. Building custom homes demands a customer focused approach and if something is doable and the client wants it, why not?
- Attention to detail – Another must-have trait, the client should feel comfortable pointing out minor details, even made to feel special and that means a ‘can do’ attitude across the board from the architect to the contract manager. The custom builder understands that this is your living space and not just another construction project and the successful companies are always customer focused.
- Working to deadlines – The master builder would be reliable and always complete on time; yes, unexpected things can happen, but the builder has the resources to ensure project completion according to the agreed timeline.
- Transparent pricing – The perfect custom builder would be very open about their pricing, detailing everything in easy-to-read language so you know where every dollar of your money went. There should be no last-minute add-ons to the final invoice and a builder should stand by his word when it comes to price.
- Comprehensive service – From initial drawings to the final handover, the entire project would be handled by your project manager, who keeps you informed at every stage of the process.
- Workmanship – Every master builder would be extremely proud of their workmanship and if you find an award-winning builder, this is a great indication of the best in terms of workmanship. The master builder would directly employ tradesmen, rather than sub-contracting the work, which means quality work by experienced tradespeople.
Any builder would be happy to furnish you with a few addresses of previous projects, so that you can see for yourself the level of workmanship and with their help, your dream home will soon be a reality.